SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does 82-069 come with the lock

A contractor from San Francisco says:
Sliding Glass Door Handle Set, 3-15/16"
Product Code: 82-069

Does this come with the locking mechanism or is it just a trim piece? Is this a complete set for full installation for making the door lock?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The 82-069 is just the outside and inside handles. It does not come with the interior mortise lock.

I'd be happy to help you find a replacement for that lock, but I'd have to see a few pictures of what you have installed already, along with some dimensions. Let me know!
A landlord from California says:
My handyman is asking me to make sure that this sliding glass door set has the locking mechanism, a handle, and a thumb pull. I noticed from your response to the previous inquirer that it does not have the lock. The slider is a Viking...what information would you need from me to make sure that I am ordering all the right parts? Currently, the lock doesn't latch (or it latches and won't stay latched). Please help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'd be happy to tell you what mortise lock you need. Could you remove it from the door and take a few pictures of it separately for me to look at? I would also like to know the distance between its installation-hole-centers, if possible. With this information in mind, we should be able to come up with something for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)