SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does 89-030 have a center stem?

A quick learner from Hillsborough NJ says:
RE: Keeper 89-030. I have that part on my sliding glass door (see attached picture) however it is missing the center stem that sticks out to allow the locking mechanism to lock. The picture online does not show the center stem. Does it come with it and is it available by itself.
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to. The 89-030 catches the lock via the the rectangular holes. I am not familiar with it having a center stem. Do you have a few pictures of the stem itself?
A quick learner says:
In order for my locking mechanism to hook into the striker a center metal tab shown on 82-238 must be depressed. An action that occurs when the door shuts and the striker meets the lock assembly. There was a stem that broke off of the striker in the middle hole.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. After some research, we have learned that there was supposed to have been a screw originally installed in the center hole of your jamb. I'm afraid our hardware does not come with this screw, but you should be able to find a replacement at a local hardware store.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)