Does a replacement part exist?

A home owner from Granbury Texas says:
I bought 27B balances from you guys and have had no problem replacing several of them until this window that the pins at the bottom of the sash that fit into the cam (195) are rusted completely. The part is basically a round shaft that fits through the frame and into the cam. The problem is I see no way to replace the rusted out part. Is there some kind of retrofit for this?
I am being told I will have to replace the entire window. This sash does have a broken pane that I was going to get replaced, and I can't just leave it not being able to be raised.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Your balance looks a lot like our Series 795 channel balance. The pivot bar most commonly used with it is our 26-021, but I can't confirm if this is what you have or not. There's no way to tell if you had something different or not. You may want to check with an identical window in the house that may still have its pivot bar.

I don't see any reason why you need to replace the whole window. You can have the broken pane repaired at a local glass shop, and pivot bars are easy enough to replace. Even if the 26-021 is not a match, I'm confident we can find something that can work.
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.