SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does the 40-150 include a strike plate?

A quick learner from new windsor says:
does this latch include the strike plate? (I do not need the outside knob)
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
No, the Swisco 40-150 Inside Handle does not include a strike plate.
A quick learner from Minnesota says:
Which strike # is for 40-150? Thanks!
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
In the past, customers have purchased the Swisco 40-084 Strike Plate Shim to accompany the 40-150 Inside Handle.

Keep in mind, however, the 40-084 Strike Plate is not listed as a related item and we have not officially confirmed it as a corresponding part.
The 40-084 is not considered a strike plate, and cannot be used as such with the 40-150. We are currently working on a possible solution.
A quick learner says:
which strike is comparable with this latch?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I have placed you in an existing discussion regarding what strike plate would work best with the 40-150. As Mike stated above, customers have purchased our 40-084 Strike Plate Shim, but it is not officially related. As stated above, the 40-084 is not applicable. We are currently working on an alternative solution.
A quick learner says:
as indicated the 40-084 is a shim not a strike plate. the question is what strike plate (latch) is compatible with the 40-150 inside handle?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. I apologize for the confusion. Unfortunately, we do not carry any strike plates for the 40-150 at this time. We are, however, investigating possible alternatives. Please keep an eye out for updates in the future.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)