SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does the 58-002 wool pile have adhesive backing?

A quick learner from California says:
You do not state whether or not the 58-002 wool pile strip already has adhesive backing. I assume it does, otherwise how does it stay in place?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

No, the 58-002 wool pile does not feature an adhesive backing. Currently only the 58-026 wool pile has an adhesive backing.

Wool pile is held on the frame by slipping the base of the wool pile into a specially fitted channel. Most of the featured wool pile on SWISCO is made for replacing old wool pile and not new application projects.

Do you have any of the old wool pile?
A quick learner from California says:
First, your top window only gives me the choice of one option. I left it at "Quick Learner," which I am in some things. Other things, maybe not so much. Ask my wife. Hell, ask ANY wife.

But in addition to being a (Sometimes) Quick Learner, I am a Handy Person and a Homeowner.
Actually I'm VERY handy. But that's not important.

The wool pile you mention is of entirely different dimensions, viz. (look that up if you don't know what it means) 1/4 x 1/4, whereas my door wool pile is 3/16 x 3/16.

And, yes, I have some of it.
Profile picture of Mike
I suggested 58-026 because it has an adhesive backing. I am not sure if you are trying to add wool pile to something without a channel or not. If you are replacing wool pile that sits in a channel, you do need to stick with the same dimensions.

How is your old wool pile attached?
A home owner from California says:
I am sticking with the same dimensions. I ordered 3/16 x 3/16 wool pile last week. But that's not important. What is important is that you and I are having a good time! It's not often that you guys get a sale of just over five bucks and for that, you have to spend 30 minutes reading my posts. I'm good that way. Ask my wife. Hell, ask any wife.

As for how my old wool pile is attached, it isn't. It's like flopping in the wind. That's the reason I bought a new strip. Reckon I'll shove it in one end, push it down with a big screwdriver all the way down, and then cut 'er off at the bottom, maybe a quarter inch long. I'll insert the bottom tip into the footer before pushing in the last 6 inches above that. Sound okay to you?

We havin' fun now, you betcha.
Profile picture of Mike
That sure sounds okay to me. It seems like you know what you're talking about when it comes to this process. After you've received the wool pile, let us know if you have any additional questions, we'd be glad to help.

Good luck!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)