Does the bottom of the stocking holder hook onto the mantel?

A home owner from Pittsburg says:
Does the bottom of plastic holder "hook" on to the bottom of the fireplace mantel? The bottom looks like it's hanging freely in the air which I want, but I want to be sure before I order.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The bottom of the stocking hook hangs freely, resting on the mantel or any other ledge you decide to use.
A home owner from Dunmore, Pa says:
We want to hang the stockings from the opening where our flat screen tv is set in the wall above our fireplace. There is no lip to speak of. Will this work?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure it will work in that case. The 14-009 needs a mantle, ledge or even a shelf for the top part of the hook to hang from. It needs to balance the stocking on the bottom hook. Without that balance, it will fall right off!

We offer many suction cup hooks in our decorating hardware section. Could one of those work instead?
SWISCO Stocking Hook
SWISCO Stocking Hook
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.