SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does this latch come with a receiving tab?

A home owner says:
Greetings, Does this patio screen door latch(Product Code: 83-009 ) come with a stationary receiving tab of some sort?? My current patio screen door latch looks a lot like the above product 83-009, which is still working okay. I just need the stationary receiving tab. I would buy all just to get the receiving tab. Thanks for your help, Rich.......
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe the "keeper" or "striker" you need is the 85-001.
A home owner from Virginia says:
Does this latch have corrosion-resistant metal hardware? I have this exact latch in white on my current door, and in the 2 years since I bought and installed the door the metal latching piece inside has rusted up pretty good, as well as the original strike piece. They looked to be zinc-plated when I bought the door, but the pieces I describe are now completely coated with rust and pitted badly, leading me to believe they will fail soon. We do live near the coast, but not that near (a good 10 mi. inland).
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The metal is plated but is still susceptible to corrosion. Have you tried to use a clear coat spray paint? That may help prevent some of the corrosion.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)