SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does this mortise lock and handle set work together

A quick learner from Maryland says:
Trying to replace a broken lock and handle asap. Do these two work together?
Hi again, so the 82-239 isn't the exact lock we need. The correct lock isn't in stock anywhere on the planet apparently. We can use this one, but we need a new trim plate and new striker plate (if that's what it's called). Do you happen to carry those items?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. If possible, I'd like you to remove the hardware you're looking for from your door and take a picture of it. Seeing what you have will help us find the best possible match.
Part number 82-265 is the exact item that we have that is broken, based on measurements. It's out of stock. 82-239 that we purchased from you fits the spot and the handle, but the trim plate and striker don't line up. I can wait for the part if it will come back in, or I can hunt for the two pieces I need to make the 82-239 work. Thank you for your help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. If the 82-265 is exactly what you need, I would wait for that. We do expect it back in, though at this time I can't say exactly when we can expect it.
A professional from CA says:
If it looks like this one, you will need the matching strike. The holes line up, but the strike does not. If the

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)