SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does this track come in 9 foot lengths?

A home owner from clermont, florida says:
Does the 80-100 patio door track come in 9 foot lengths? I have a three section 9 foot wide glass sliding patio door that has a 1 foot scaloped section on the inside track making it difficult to open or close the door. the track dimentions are 3/16 wide by 3/8 height and there is a 5/8th play at the top of the door. Will this track work for me? and can I get it in 9 foot section or 8 foot plus a 1 foot piece. I welcome your comments and/or recommendations,price and shipping. Tony
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sorry the 80-100 does not come in 9' lengths. Try stopping by a few mom & pop hardware stores in your area, they may have something that will work for you. I would not advise you to cut the track and piece it together because the door will not operate properly.
A professional from California says:
Most 9' 3 section doors only use 6' of the track. You would not need to cover the part that the door does not roll over. Unless I misunderstand, you don't need 9'.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)