SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Does this work with existing holes?

A quick learner says:
I need replacement window screen plungers. I believe either the 70-009 or 70-008 would work but all the instructions involve drilling holes as if they didn't already exist. Do these parts work as replacements to utilize existing holes?

Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! These pins are often used to replace old or missing plunger assemblies. Just make sure to check your measurements to see if either will be a good fit. It's best to compare them to your originals.
A handy person from Ohio says:
Does your 70-008 plunger assembly fit 1" screen frames? Thanks! Bill
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey Bill. Our 70-008 is meant for a 3/4" frame. See our 70-206 instead, that might be better for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)