SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door Bottom Replacement Seal

A home owner from Pittsburgh,PA says:
Hello,
I have a Louisiana Pacific french door (1 3/4") and I need to replace the bottom seal - can you suggest a replacement?

Thanks Dave
A customer submitted photo of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Judging by the one end where the lock in vinyl looks twisted, it doesn't appear that this weatherstripping was locked in properly. Take a look at SWISCO product codes 58-174 and 58-009
A quick learner from DC says:
I too need this replacement weatherstripping that attaches to the bottom of the door. 58-174 and 58-009 do not seem to be good substitutes.

I have other items to order from you too and would like to group them together.

(I will be ordering 58-173 with the above.)

Thank you, Jack

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sorry to hear that our 58-174 and 58-009 won't work for you. Can you tell me why? Could I also see a few pictures of your own sweep? That information will help us find something better.
A quick learner from DC says:
Thank you for the response.

The sweep needed looks just like the one pictured and I was hoping to get that match. I feel the installation and look would be more pleasing than 58-174 or 58-009.

Thank you again, Jack
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Jack. Unfortunately, we were unable to find an exact match for the one pictured above. The 58-174 and 58-009 are the closest sweeps we could find.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)