SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door Guide Carpet Riser

A home owner from Albuquerque, NM says:
I have sliding by-pass closet doors. They are hung on an over head rail. I need to install the bottom guides. The floor is carpeted over concrete. Do I use the carpet riser you offer (23-221)? If so, How do they attach? If not, what do I use to attach a door guide?
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
For carpet, you will need the carpet riser. The holes in the carpet riser match the holes in the door guide, so you would use a long screw, like 1 1/4" to 1 1/2 long screws.
A home owner from Albuquerque, NM says:
How does the riser attach?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Image of the 23-221 and the 23-209B together.
First, you will have to install carpet riser. First step will be to drill through the carpet and into the concrete. You will need to use a masonry drill-bit to go into the concrete. After the holes are drilled, you need to install an anchor into the concrete. With the anchor installed you must use a flat head #8 X 1-1/4" screw to fasten the riser. Then with the riser installed, install your door guide with two #8 X 1/2" pan head screw.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)