Replacement for 1954 door handle

A contractor from Hickory, NC says:
I am working on a home built in 1954. I believe these are the original patio doors installed in the home. The owner wants to put a handle on the opposite door. I need to find one that looks like this.

Thanks,
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Wow! That is an old handle. 1954 is one year older than me! I'm a little confused, though What is the reason your customer wants to install a handle on the opposite door? Normally the other door in a patio frame is stationary. Is this a different case?

Either way, I don't think we'll be able to find an exact replacement for this. I'd be surprised if it's made anymore. We may be able to find a substitute, but I would need more information. Please confirm the distance between the installation hole centers and the thickness of the door. I would also like a few pictures of this handle from a couple more angles so that I can see more of it. Finally, if you know the name of the manufacturer, that would be a huge help, as well.
Both sides of this door slide. The track on this side is destroyed and is difficult to operate. The other side door slides fine but has no handle only a lock mechanism. I will be back there tomorrow and try to get more details on the manufacturer, etc.
Thanks! Let me know.
Here are two pics of the opening. Instead of a replacement handle how about a new handle, mortise set, and keeper that would fit this opening.

Thanks,

John
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Thank you for your patience in this matter. I'm afraid I have not been able to find something that matches your hardware. If the door on the other side slides fine, could you cover up this door and install the lock on the other? If not, we do have a surface mounted handle set that may work. See our 82-005. However, it is not as tall, so you may need to fabricate a cover plate to hide the opening.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.