SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door Handle for sliding glass door

A handy person from Chicago says:
I need to get a replacement for the door handle pictures. I am guessing it is a SWISCO - construction on the building was in 1999/2000 so that would have been when the doors were purchased originally. The one pictured is fine, but I have identical one on another door that has broke, both the insides and the outside part of the handle so need full replacement. The only mark/number I could find was on the screen door which was BX-441 which is what led me to SWISCO as I assume the whole door was bought/sold as a unit. I don't care if the handle is the same or not, as long as it has same hole pattern I am open to a different 'look' if necessary. Or the same, just need a door handle that will lock.
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We actually don't make doors, but we can still help you replace this part. Start by looking at our 82-075 or 82-034, depending on the thickness of the door. Could either of these work for you?
A handy person from Chicago says:
What if the door is 1-3/4" wide?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if the 82-075 will work on a 1-3/4" thick door. The key cylinder tail might be a little short. You could try the 82-075, and if key cylinder tail is too short you might be able to use the tail off your existing lock set. If not, you would have to purchase the 82-310 and cut the tail to fit. Also, check to see if the inside mortise latch in the door is operating properly. The mortise latch might be similar to the 82-218. You might also need to replace that.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)