SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door Sweep replacement for Pozzi door?

A quick learner from Rhode Island says:
I have a Pozzi door whose sweep has deteriorated to the point of ineffectiveness. The 58-174 looks like a match, but am uncertain.
User submitted photos of a door sweep.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I agree, the 58-174 looks very close. The best way for you to determine whether or not it will work for you is to carefully compare the dimensions we show to your own hardware. If they differ in any way, let me know how.
I've taken a closer look and the dimensions seem to match. It's an inexpensive part so I'm going to give it a shot. I will follow up after attempting to replace the sweep. Thank you for your prompt response to my inquiry.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Let me know how it works out.
Just one more question regarding the 58-174, one side angles outward at the end while the other side is straight down. Which side should face outside, the angled one or the straight one? I am assuming the angled one but do not want to have to install, then remove and reinstall if I am wrong. Thanks for your time!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The angle should go on the outside, sort of like a drip edge.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)