SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door Weatherstripping for steel (HM) door frames

A contractor from Philadelphia says:
Hello,

I am looking for a specific weatherseal. However, because of the steel (HM) door frames, a kerf is not possible. Perhaps you may be able to recommend a product that would adhere to the inside of frame and still maintain performance.

I need to hear back ASAP since these products need to be purchased within the next week or so.

Thanks,
Paul
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. For the weatherseal, please take a look at our 58-056 swinging door compression foam seal. Do you think that this might work for you?

As for the door bottom, please look through our Thresholds and Door Bottoms Catalogue to see if there is anything that matches your current weatherseal.
A contractor from Philadelphia says:
Hey Donna,

The 58-056 model is very similar to the specified Endura product since it requires a kerf in the door frame. A kerf is not possible for these door frames. I am looking for an adhesive application that has the same performace features.

Thanks,
Paul
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Paul,
I think the 58-169, Compression Foam Seal with Nail Flange, could work well for you.
We also carry an adhesive backed wool pile weatherstrip, 58-026, that may come in handy as well; I have used it on the perimeter of door openings before in combination with the standard magnetic or compression weatherstrips with great success.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)