SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door handle....broken toggle switch.

A home owner from Austin tx says:
The toggle that throws the hooks to lock the door broke off...I have had two locksmiths here who throw their hands up and say you need to order parts. i bought the house with them installed..no parts number, no idea of what type window. There are two lock switches on door and the one pic of toggle is what is broken off main handle.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. We'd be happy to help you replace this part, but I'll need a bit more information. To start out, could I see a few pictures of the part fully removed from the door? Could You also give me detailed dimensions? Thanks!
A home owner from Austin says:
I am away on vacation but will get back to you next week with info. Thank you, carol west
A quick learner from Austin says:
I am unable to remove it from the door but the measurements are handle is 9 inches... Interior of lock on door...plate is close to 11.5 inches and the opening for hooks is eight inches from top of first one to bottom of second one. Handle has flat plate and then toggle that activates the hooks. Someone suggested they were win doors from Florida but waiting to hear from them...I do know they were purchased in Florida and bought to Austin.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Do you think your handle is something like our 82-034? If so, then you won't be able to replace the thumb turn, since it is pressed on at the factory. That is the case for a few types of handle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)