SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door hanger conversion

A home owner from Miami, FL says:
I purchased a 36" sliding screen door at Lowe's, but it's meant to roll on tracks which I now realize I don't have. My neighbor has the same setup as me, but her door hangs on two rollers, which I do have the track for the door to hang on. Of course my door is not set up to hang. My question is if your part #84-060 can be added to my door, and if I need one or two of them.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Check the thickness of the patio screen door you purchased. If it's 1/2" thick then it should fit into the channel of the 84-060. You could have a problem with the height of the door once this is installed on top, though. The 84-060 will increase the height of door. You can't really tell until you actually install it or test fit it into your Patio door track. You might need to go to a glass shop or hardware store that make up patio screen doors in a custom size and then add the 84-060 to the top rail.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)