SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door having trouble operating with 84-029

A handy person from florida says:
re; screen door rollers 84-029. how are these to be adjusted to roll smoothly. the screen seems to bind when sliding and then jumps the track. seems like the entire screen flexes and will not glide on the rollers. do the top rollers have any effect on the lower rollers which I am replacing. do I need to silicone spray the rollers. do I need an entire new screen door and forget the rollers.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I agree, adjusting the bottom roller should keep it from dragging on the bottom. However, you may need to loosen up the top roller, first. The top rollers should be adjusted just enough so that the door won't jump the track, but enough to let you adjust the bottom roller comfortably. If you adjust the top roller too much then the door will bind.

To lubricate your sliding door track, you can use a type of silicone spray. We also carry the 75-077 slider slicker track lubricant.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)