SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door latch/knob/handle -- 10 y/o Anderson/Emco door

A handy person from Johnson City, NY says:
I have an approximately 10 year old Anderson/Emco screen door. I has a lock (not needed) separate from a standard door knob on the outside. On the inside, the latch to the striker is broken.

Do you have any or all of them? The center-center for the mounting screws is 2"
A customer submitted photo of a door latch, knob, and handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good morning and thanks for posting.

Unfortunately the handle set you currently have has been discontinued. If the outside portion of the handle is still in working condition, you could use the 40-145 Storm Door Latch with one or two of the 40-179 Latch Shims. I've done it in the past, and it seemed to do the trick.

If you have to replace the complete set, the 40-058 Lever Handle with Deadbolt Set should work, but don't forget the shims!
A quick learner says:
I just order the full set with shims.

I think I have a use for the spare lock on a different door. Can you tell me the size and spacing of the holes I need to drill?

thanks again for your help.
Profile picture of Dave
The lock hole centers are 1-3/4", which is almost standard hole centers for storm doors.
A handy person from Johnson City, NY says:
My mistake... I need the size of the hole for the lock cylinder.

thanks again!
Profile picture of Dave
I'm not quite sure how big the hole needs to be exactly, but it needs to be able to accommodate the spindle in this image.
View of <a href=
A quick learner from Johnson City, NY says:
Ok, got it. I'll probably delay on that, as it's getting chilly out. At least I got the outside porch door done. It would have been a lot easier, but the original installation was very poorly done.

Thank you for your help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)