SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door pins help

A home owner from USA says:
To Whom It May Concern:

Here are the pictures of the doors I have.
I've included pictures of the top of door and bottom.
User submitted photos of bi-fold door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I believe you have the old Float-A-Way bi-fold closet doors. Does that name sound familiar? I've associated a list of parts you may need for this door. You can view them on the right side of this page.
A quick learner from Delray Beach, Florida says:
Dear Paul,

Thank you dor identifying the doors. I scoured them for some type of ID. Do the parts you recommend have the anchors?

The previous owners decided to have heavy mirror attach to the face side. I have a wall of 8 panels 132" to contend with. The hallway door fell on my and that's how I Found out about the mirror. In visiting Lowes and Home Depot I was not impressed.

I wouldo me to replace them, but in the meanwhile I think if I remove the mirror clean them up and replace the worn pivots and springs I could easily have fabricated ppaque plastic panels to attach to the finish side. What do you think?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
What you're suggesting will work, but it will take a lot of your time. In cleaning up the doors and with changing the pins, your doors will still perform for many years. Also, our 21-032 and 21-034 come with metal E clips (see our 21-161) instead of the nylon clips to hold pins together.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)