SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door rollers

A home owner from USA says:
I did some research online for a replacement roller for a sliding mirrored closet door. The only ID on roller is patent # 4850145 which led me to Charmac, Inc and then to Swisco # 23-233. After studying your drawings, I think that your # 23-028 might work better for me, as my roller assembly is 9/16" thick & 1 5/8" wide. What I need to know is: Does the roller insert on your assembly slide out? Since your housing isn't quite the same as mine, I want to use your roller insert in my housing. What do you think. Oh, I will probably order 12 or 14 rollers.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yes, the insert with the wheel does screw out of the housing. I can't say for sure if that inside portion will fit in your own roller, though.

Personally, I think it's probably better to go with design and dimensions rather than the patent number. Patent numbers could potentially encompass a wide variety of parts, rather than just one specific roller.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)