SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door seal on commercial entry foor

A contractor from Topeka Kansas says:
We have an older metal building with a commercial aluminum front door. It has what seems to be a very small felt weatherstrip that needs to be replaced. What do I need to buy? Thank you for your help in advance!
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The 58-105 might need the size you are looking for, though you will need to remove a piece of the existing wool pile and match its size up confirm they match. Looking at your photos, you might be able to pry off the wool pile channel, but I'm not sure. You might need to check with a glass company in your area to see if it is removable. If not, you could use the back of a utility knife or a small flat blade screw driver to install the wool pile in place.
A contractor from Topeka, KS says:
That is awesome! Thank you much. I have another commercial door in the back of our building. It is 43 3/4 by 83 1/2 commercial metal door. I have attached pictures and would like to make it as weatherproof as possible to include the sill. What would you recommend? Thank you.
User submitted photos of commercial door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. Your door appears to be not closing at the bottom. You might need to square up the door so that it closes plumb to the door jamb. You can see our different sized wool pile for use on the top and sides.

As for the bottom, we have a few different 48" door sweeps. We have the regular type 40-023 in aluminum and the 40-024 in white. We also carry a 48" vinyl door bottom, the 58-186. Take a look and see what will do best for your door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)