SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door shims

A quick learner from Edison , NJ says:
Good morning!

I installed the 40-160 Swisco storm door handset yesterday morning. The installation was easy and I really prefer Swisco's design - having the push latch on the inside of the 40-160 handset instead of the handle that on the original door. Now I don't have any problems. I can carry armfuls of stuff from inside the house and no longer need to be fumbling around to turn a handle - I just push and the door swings open! Thanks!!!

I was wondering whether I can get 2 more of those plastic spacers (approx. 1" x 2.5" with 3 holes) that came with the 40-160 storm door handset? I needed to use both spacers on the handle part to get the latch to clear the metal frame of the storm door that I have. That means that for the lock part at the bottom, I had no more spacers left. I need to get two more of these plastic spacers and thaw will allow me to move the inside lock block and get it past the metal frame just as I did with the handle. This will get the lock tongue far enough to the part where there is wood to bolt in the brass bracket.

I am very happy with the Swisco 40-140 I got. It would be good if I could get the lock part to line up and get that to work the way it should and I can lock up the screen door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I'm so glad to hear that our hardware worked so well for you. Now, when you say you need an extra spacer, do you mean something like our 40-084 strike plate shim? Check it out and see if this could work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)