Door thickness for Acorn Dorwal handle

A quick learner from USA says:
We have moved into a 30 year old home which has a sliding door fitted with an Acorn DorWAL L-120 handle. This handle has broken. Your 82-055 appears to be a suitable replacement as the securing bolts are 3 1/2 inches apart, but the 82-055 is described as fitting a 1 inch wide door; our sliding door frame is a tad under 1 1/2 inches wide (1 15/32 inches?). Also there is nothing on the fixed frame for the latch to engage with. There are 4 holes in the fixed frame in the correct vicinity but nothing else.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm afraid your exact handle is no longer made. You may still be able to use the 82-055, but it will require you to re-use your old locking hook and screws.
A professional from CA says:
89-007 or 89-027 are usually the right keepers for this lock. If you are not able to reuse your hook, you might be able to widen the hole in the door and move the keeper to the new position. I haven't run into this problem, so I can't be sure, but I'd start there.
A quick learner from USA says:
Many thanks for your help. I ordered the 82-055 handle and the 89-007 keeper. I was able to use the 82-055 using the old screws and was able to attach the keeper to the frame. Everything now works!
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.