SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Door weather stripping

A home owner from P.A. says:
We bought a house in Radnor ,PA, .and the former owner had dogs that chewed the weather stripping on the left hand side of the door about 23 inches up from the bottom . We clipped another 6 inches off to try to match and replace at Home Depot. They did not have.anything that matched. We were referred to you by the Gray folk people in Norristown.

So here I am. I looked on your website, watched your videos, took a picture of the piece of stripping and hopefully you can advise me on what to purchase.

Should we just replace the length that is missing or should we replace the entire 80 inch piece that runs up the length of the side of the door? I read that the stripping can not be bent or folded so the shipping for that might be expensive. We would just need a 29 inch piece to replace the area that is missing.

Please advise,

The weather stripping is 3/8 inch both sides of the L.

User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Lauren. We don't have an exact match for you, but look at our 58-056 and 58-170 and see if either of these could work as a substitute.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)