SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double Hung Window Parts

A home owner from Baltimore MD says:
- Channel balance (spring loaded) - 24" long with a rounded and slotted top (see picture plus it has a small T or mushroom shaped fitting that ties into the pivot guide;

- Tie bar pivot guide (1 inch wide, 2 inches long 1/2 inch wide (see picture);

- The clips that stop the windows from falling open, not sure what these are called, but several are broken.

I would need around 10 of each; except the balances, probably only 3-4 of those.

Best Regards
Robert L
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our S750-24. Check it out and let me know if you agree. As for the shoe, see our 15-173 and carefully compare it to your own hardware to see how well they match. Finally, I'm afraid I have not been able to find an exact replacement for the thumb lever, but see our 26-119 and 26-234 and see if either of these could work.
A quick learner from Baltimore MD says:
I ordered the parts; I had to trim a couple slots into the shoe; 15-173, and it seems to work. If there's any others with a slot down the center; that would work better.

Otherwise, the part S750-24 worked well.

Best Regards
A quick learner from Baltimore MD says:
Almost; but it needs to have a slot down the center; I took a picture with a horizontal angle to show the slot.

User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. No good on the 15-211. It's cam is too small. We just tried installing the Series 750 balance in the 15-173 and found no problem, though. I think you're concerned about the little indent in the opening that accepts the spring. That is just a safety precaution to prevent the string from coming out easily.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)