SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double Hung Window Pivot Bar

A contractor from ohio says:
Hi. Need help Finding what Pivot Bar these are. From a Double Hung Window about 10 years old. I think it is a Polaris Vinyl Window. One has a number 5 stamped on it and the other one a number 8. Thanks.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I've seen this pivot bar before. I'm afraid we don't have an exact match but look at our 26-438. Other customers have used that in the past for a substitute. However, I think it would be a good idea if we see your pivot shoe, just in case. I don't want to recommend the 26-438 only to find out that it won't work in your particular shoe.
A contractor from Ohio says:
This is the Pivot Shoe, would 26-438 work then?
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Tom had the right idea. I'm glad we got this picture before you placed your order. I hate to say it, but the tip on the 26-248 might not fully engage in your pivot shoe. You might have to also purchase the 15-175 to go with it. Comparing our dimensions to yours, could that fit in your track?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)