Double Hung Window Tracks

A quick learner from Rochester, NY says:
The windows in my house were installed in 1977. They were manuafactured by King Windows (Olean, NY) that has long since gone out of business. These double hung windows ride in plastic tracks and use springs to facilitate raising and lowering.

Over the years these plastic tracks have begun to harden, become brittle and now several are broken making it difficult to raise and lower the windows.

Do you think I have any hope of finding replacement tracks for these windows?

Regards,
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Afternoon,

Hopefully we can help, but I am not sure if I understand exactly what is causing the problem. Can you submit a couple photos of the broken tracks so we can see what is going on?
A quick learner from Fairport, NY says:
Here are two photos. One shows the entire jsmb track (I removed the spring for clarity) and the second focuses in on the broken part of the channel.

Let me know what additional information I can supply.
User submitted photos of their window channel.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am sorry, we do not have replacement window tracks. I am not sure if anyone supplies the replacement tracks you are looking for. I would try to see if some of your local hardware stores (mom & pop type) have any suggestions or contacts.
Reply to Thread
* Mandatory fields
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)