SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double hook mortise lock

A home owner from Huntington Beach, California says:
The latch lever broke off my patio door. What do I need to buy to make repair?
User submitted a photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I recognize this handle, Unfortunately, that thumb turn cannot be replaced by itself, as it is pressed into the housing at the factory. You would have to replace the entire handle set. It appears similar to our 82-034, but take a look and let me know if you agree.
A home owner from Huntington Beach, California says:
Does the 82-034 handle set work with the "double" mortise lock? This handle looks identical to mine, however, instruction video shows only one hook on lock. I want to be sure before I order. Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Not a problem! I've seen the 82-034 used with double-hook style mortise locks before, but of course that's no guarantee that it will work for yours.

I would have a better idea if I saw your mortise lock removed from the door. What I would have to see specifically is the slot that accepts the tail of the thumb turn. That slot, when turned, is what engages the hooks. You flip the thumb turn, which turns the slot, which activates the hooks.

By seeing the shape of that slot, I can tell you how compatible it is with our 82-034.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)