SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double hung slider parts

A quick learner says:
My Windows will not stay up and the screws on the very bottom (underneath) touching the bottom frame of the window are rusted. So I need all parts to replace the problem of the window not holding up and the screws as well. I am ordering the weather stripping 3/16 t slot today but figured I get all of it in one order
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Sherry. Your balance looks like our Series 600 while your pivot shoe could be our 15-046. Carefully look this hardware over to confirm.

I'm not sure about the pivot bar and rusty screws. Could you show us a few pictures?
A quick learner from Sneads ferry says:
Here is the photo of the screws I need. What do these screws hold in? How do I remove if too rusted?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
These screws hold in the pivot bar, which in turn connects the sash to the pivot shoe. If yours are heavily corroded, I recommend spraying them with WD-40 and letting them soak for a few hours. You can then try to remove them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)