SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double hung tilt window parts needed

A quick learner from Berwyn, Il says:
I have 30 yr. old aluminum tilt windows supplied by Steel-Craft, Chicago. (I can't find any info. on the company)

I believe that your p/n 15-105 Pivot Lock Shoe may work, but am concerned about the 3/16" measurement of the cam shown on the detail page.

My channel balance is 9/16" wide X 3/8" deep; not 1/2" deep as indicated on your S770-33 C, but I believe I can make that work. My part is stamped B.S.I. 33 C. Also, my system uses a 15-036 channel balance hook.

Lastly, p/n 260 Corner Latch most closely resemble mine. The measurements seem right.

I have 4 or 5 widows needing various parts. If you can confirm my conclusions, or lead me in the right direction, I will order parts for at leas one window and proceed from there.

Thanks much.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'd like you to recheck the width, depth and length of the balance channel. It may have to be custom made. The shoe does look like our, 15-105 and the top tilt latch looks like our 26-055.
A quick learner from Berwyn, Il says:
The depth of my channel balance is 5/8" (.625) not 3/8". The width is 9/16". (Sorry for the typo) These are absolute outside measurements. The added depth of my balance allows it to fit closely in the channel lip without having to screw it down. (see additional pic.) I believe, however, that I can use your p/n S770-33C if installed the way shown in your vido.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Yes, this will have to be custom made. However, I would just like you to confirm the length. With a stamp like 33C, it should be 34" long. If it is, check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the blank fields. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)