SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double hung window (coil) sash

A home owner from Virginia says:
I'm not sure I'm using the correct terms, but this is the sash in the frame of the window on the left side (if you're facing the window). The plastic piece at the bottom is split. I didn't take the piece out of the window frame because I was afraid of what might happen with the coil balance. The window won't stay up as a result of the split in this piece. The part with the coils is 2" long. The plastic piece at the bottom that holds the window (where it's split) is 1 3/4" x 1". Unfortunately, there are no markings on the window that would indicate the manufacturer. The window was manufactured in 2006.
This is a double hung, tilt-in window. The upper window can be pulled down and the lower window raised. The glass is double-paned with the lines (moullions - I think that's the name) in between.

I've had pretty good luck on your site finding parts. Unfortunately after scouring for a few days using a myriad of ideas for my search, I have come up empty. Please help!
User submitted a photo of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The pivot shoe you are looking for resembles our 15-180, which uses our Series 190 coil springs. It appears that the shoe is the only issue, so check it out and let me know what you think.
A home owner from Virginia says:
I think that's exactly the part. As I watched the video and looked at the part, I realized that the insert where the pivot goes had fallen down into the track of the window. I have ordered the part and will post again once I receive and install it.

Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)