SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double-hung window latches

A quick learner from North Carolina says:
I am trying to replace/fix several window latches or locks. The windows are double-hung white vinyl windows and the house is less than 10 years old. I cannot find any brand located on the windows.

The locking mechanism is 1 7/8 inches between attachment holes and is white. The attachment holes are also set back 1 5/8 inches from the front edge. The locks also have a curved lip at the top that lays over the other part of the lock when brought together. The locking mechanism is made out of metal.

I would appreciate any help in identifying the brand of windows and help finding replacement locks that are broken.

Thank you in advance.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good morning and thanks for posting to our discussion board.

Can you submit a few pictures of your existing window latch. I would like to review some pictures so that I can recommend a replacement.
Attached are a few pictures of the window lock.

Thanks again.
User submitted photos of their double-hung window locks.
I submitted 5 photos on July 18th after you requested them. I am not for sure if they cam through or if you are still researching the window locks I need.
Please advise and thank you.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately we have not been able to locate a replacement lock. We will post an update on the discussion board if more information becomes available.
A home owner from Plainfield, NJ says:
Was there ever an update about these window latches? We are looking for replacements for these also. They seem to break very easily!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at SWISCO product code 90-271, window sash lock with 1-7/8" installation hole centers. Do you think this could work as a substitute?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Here's a quick update: anyone looking for this lock may be interested in our new 90-276 and 90-280. Check them out and see if you agree!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)