SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Double hung window slide channel

A quick learner from Detroit mi says:
Please confirm if you have all of the attached parts before I order.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you again for your patience. We can custom make this balance. I believe they're using our 15-193 and 19-038 attachments. Can you confirm? Can you also tell me the length of each balance and what the numbers stamped on the metal channels read? Finally, how many of these balances you will need?

As for the other parts, I'm not totally sure. I recognize a push-in type bubbleseal which resembles our 58-053, but I'm not certain about the other pieces. They may not be anything we can carry, but if you take pictures of them we can confirm. Thanks!
A quick learner from MI says:
Paul, thank you for responding back to my email. I realized all of the identified items are exact match to my requirements. The balance marked no. is 2840 B.S.I. and size is 29long x 0.5w x 0.5d. In addition, I require rivets, punch tool and few other items, see attached pictures.
Basically my intension is to replace 15 balance with attachments and double hung sliding plastic channels(pictures attached). I will appreciate if you can find these sliding channels as well. Thank you for your help.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience. First, I have emailed you a custom balance order form for 15 of these balances, which includes a price quote. We will attach the 15-193 and 19-038 for you here in the warehouse, so you don't have to worry about that.

For the other pieces you mention, we don't have any matches. I've seen that top sash guide before, but we've never been able to locate a good replacement. I do not think it's made anymore. As for the weatherseal, you could possibly use something like our 58-026, which is a wool pile with adhesive base. This is the only other possible solution I can think of. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)