SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help finding guide for a 1967 cabinet drawer

A contractor from pennsylvania says:
this replacement plastic guide is very close to the broken ones i have . the cabinet drawers have a date stamped on them from 11-1967 and i have quite a few broken guides. the opening at the top of my guide measures 1/2 inch and the inset measures 13/16" thickness is 3/8th overall width is 2" and ideas?? help dave c.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Dave, can you take a couple photos of your drawer guide and upload them so we can take a look?
hope this helps.
User submitted photo of rear drawer guide.
Profile picture of Mike
Dave, it appears that 32-036 is the closest match that we have online.
hi mike, it's a little wider opening...5/8" vs. 1/2" i don't think the thickness or the other measurements will affect it even though they are bigger. how about the "drive-in" pin type guide wheel? it measures 1" in total length and 5/8" diameter on the wheel. i would need about 5o of them and about 20 of the plastic rear guides. can i just order 1 of each to try?? anything else available? i have 4 identical kitchens in an apt. bldg. that are generally in good shape except the guides and wheels.....dave
Profile picture of Mike
Thanks for the info, Dave.

I don't think there should be a problem with the 5/8" vs the 1/2", its a small enough difference that the 5/8" should serve just as well.

As for the pin, could you upload a picture of it from the side? It's hard to identify it from this angle.
A contractor from pa says:
will do tomorrow...thanks
looking for these drive-in-pin type rollers. they are installed in the 3/4" edge of the frame on cabinets from the 60's. total length is 1" long. diameter of the wheel is 5/8". they simply tap into the edge of the frame. i have 4 kitchens in an apt bldg. with the same drawers. they are in good shape except these pins and the plastic back guides. i think we are good with those red one's...help with these pins. i would need something like 80 of them...dave
A customer submitted photo of a pin.
Profile picture of Mike
Are their any company markings on the hardware? Manufacturing information?
A landlord from Palmer (Easton), PA says:
We need to replace the drawer rollers in 4 of our tenant kitchens. We've attached 4 images of the existing drawer rollers we need to locate. We appreciate your help!!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I have placed you in your previously existing discussion. Unfortunately, we don't recognize this roller. Are there, perhaps, any company markings on the hardware, or any manufacturing information?
A quick learner says:
unfortunately there isn't. we'll double-check all the cabinets and drawers to see if there's information imprinted in any of them. thanks
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)