SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Drawer part from a 1977 Pa House dresser

A home owner from State College, PA says:
We bought our Pa House furntiture in 1977. I learned from your website that I can replace the broken drawer guides (Ronthor Reiss Corp N.Y.C. R-40-28 on current part) with your guide item # 32-036. But one of the dresser drawer wooden rails is broken also, and I don't know for certain if it can be replaced with one of your parts. The attachments are pictures. PaHsDrsr2 = good rail, PaHsDrsr1 = the broken part (the fat T-shaped section split, so we had to take it off). It doesn't seem that your item 32-053 (Track Kit) will work because our drawer is only 16.5" deep. Can you help please? Do you have a part that will work, or can you suggest what else we can do? Thank you.
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! You would have to go to a cabinet maker or wood shop to duplicate that wood rail. If the 32-053 track kit won't work try the 32-063 track kit. I've had better success with the 32-063. I believe that because of the wider rear drawer guide it helps stabilize the drawer better.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)