SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Dresser Drawer Stop

A professional from New Brighton, MN says:
Hello,
I work at a Flooring store and we had a customer complain that a dresser drawer was broke and fell on her kids, says it broke when our installers moved the furniture. Attached are pictures showing what part we are looking for to fix the drawer. Its a plastic piece that stops the drawer from falling out. Do you carry this?

Thanks,
Chelsea
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon. Take a look at our 32-125 drawer stop and see if this will work.
A home owner from San Luis Obispo, CA says:
The instructions for the 32-125 drawer stop show it installed at the top of the drawer frame. I am wondering if it would work to install it at the bottom of the frame, as shown in the above pictures submitted by Chelsea.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It could potentially work that way, depending on how the drawer is designed. Not all drawer cavities are the same so sometimes you may need to play around with the drawer stop under certain circumstances.
A home owner from San Luis Obispo, CA says:
You guys are great! Thanks so much for the quick reply. I ordered these, and discovered they won't work mounted at the bottom of the drawer frame nor at the top because the drawer fits very snugly within the opening, so now I am considering 32-099 or 32-100. Since the drawer is a tight fit, maybe the smaller of the two (32-099) would work the best?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear it didn't fit! Looking at them both, the 32-099 is shorter, so that might be the best bet.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)