SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Drexel Heritage Drawer guide and Wood Track

A handy person from california says:
Hi -

I have a Drexel Heritage Drawer that has a broken guide and track.

The Guide (picture attached) has on it Ronthor and Part Number R-40-28

The inside of the cabinet has a wood track (picture attached) that is approximatley 16 inches long and Approx. 1/2 inch high.

The bottom of the draw has a channel that fits over the cabinet insert.

Can you please advise the best replacement for the two pictured items.

A user submited photo of wood drawer guide
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thank you for contacting us! For the drawer guide, please take a look at our 32-036 rear drawer guide, which replaces the Ronthor R-40-28. Just make sure to double check the dimensions as compared to our part.

We don't have that exact wood track, but we do have the 32-053 metal track kit. That might work for you, but please take a look just in case. I, myself, have replaced some of my own drawer tracks with the 32-063 kit. It just seems to help keep the drawer from rocking side to side when you slide it in and out.
A quick learner from Long Island NY says:
Do you have a replacement that uses your draw guide # 32-036? I am repairing some defective draws that used the origional Ronthor Reiss Corp "R-40-28". After viewing your site I identified your replacement Swisco#32-036. This will work for some of the draws, but I need to replace the T-rail on others. If you have a replaement system that uses draw guide 32-036 with a new rail/drawguide. Please advise before I order just the guides. Thanks,
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, and thanks for posting. I have placed you into an existing thread concerning the corresponding track to the 32-036. As you can see, we do not have an exact match, but Dave thinks that replacing your track system with something like our 32-063 may be beneficial. Take a look and let me know what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)