Dual coil counterbalnace replacement.

A quick learner from Denver says:
I need to replace the coils counterbalance for about 4 sashes. The window sash weighs about 19 lbs on my floor scale. It looks like a dual coil system. The coil is about 1/2 inch wide, there is a DL6 printed on the lower coil and just a D6 on the other.
User submitted photos of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We don't have the exact balance system that you have, but I believe our S140-12 Quick Tilt Dual might work. To confirm, I need to see your pivot bar to see if it will fit in the S140-12 shoe.
A quick learner from Denver says:
It looks like a fit to me.
User submitted a photo of a pivot shoe & pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Aha, thank you. Unfortunately, your pivot bar won't fit in the S140-12 shoe. You would need to replace your tilt bar with either our 26-405 or 26-398. See if either line up with your current screw holes.
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.