SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Duplicate my old custom balance.

A home owner from San Francisco, CA 94124 says:
You guys made me some custom balances back in 2013. The window weighs 48lbs but the custom balances were a little too strong for this window. We hardly ever used it because we had fight to close the window. I am selling the house and approaching closing. The realtor tried this window and the balance broke taking the top sash guide with it. I am hoping you can duplicate my order with a slightly less strong spring. I'm in a time crunch for this balance. Please let me know if you can help me.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello again! Sorry to hear you're having issues with the balance you ordered from us. Looking at your old discussion, it appears the custom balance we made for you had a stamp that was meant to carry 39 through 42 pounds, based on your request for a balance that could support a 40 pound sash. This would actually be too weak for a 48 pound sash. If you're struggling to close the window, that indicates that the sash would weigh less than 39 pounds. Can you confirm the exact weight of the sash in question?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)