SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Dyad operator resistance to corosion

A home owner from Hawaii says:
I live in an environment subject to salt air corosion as evidenced by the attached picture. I believe your part# 39-036 and 39-035 matches the Truth Entryguard operator I need to replace (I have 14 of them). My concern is the type of metal that the operator is made of, and how resistant to corosion it is. I also need to replace the hinges, which I believe is your part# 36-013-10. Stainless steel will stand up better to the elements, so I want to be sure this is the correct hinge to replace the ones that are corroded.
Question #1: How corrosion proof is the operator?
Question #2: Based on the attached photos, are the part numbers I listed the correct replacements?

Mahalo,

Glenn
user submitted photo of window crank
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

The 39-036 and the 39-035 features a high-pressure die-cast zinc base with a electrostatic coating for durability, and a hardened steel worm and gear.

Your pictures of your old operators do look exactly like 39-035 and 39-036. I would check the measurements of your old operators to the dimensions of the 39-035 and 39-036 product pictures. If the measurements match up I would feel confident the 39-035 and the 39-036 are the exact replacement operators.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)