SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

ESP of FL sliding screen door

A quick learner from Florida says:
Can you tell me how to remove the existing bottom roller/spring assys?
I did remove the 1" x 1/4" metal wheel that has a bronze bearing but I can't see how to remove what looks like a flat spring that holds the wheel.
I think I'd like to replace with one of your plastic roller assys with the straight flat spring.

Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Can you determine which roller assembly is currently in your door?

You probably will need to replace your screen door roller assembly with its exact replacement - rarely can you convert it to a different style roller.

Send us some pictures of your roller assembly and your door frame with the stuck spring if you need help. We may be able to give you some tips if we can see what you are dealing with.
I got part of the old one out (broke it off) and I think it may be a 84-029. Still trying to figure out how to get the rest of the old assy out of the frame.
Sent a request for that assistance under a different thread.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If it is indeed the 84-029, it is only held in with a screw on the edge of the patio screen door. I have a feeling it could be the roller wheel that is attached to the complete corner. If it is, I believe you may have to take the patio screen door completely apart to get to it. I'm not sure, but that could be the reason you're having trouble.

You can upload a few photos of your door and roller, which could help us give you additional suggestions.
Got it out by removing the bottom of frame. Thanks
See 4 pictures attached. The wheel is rusted.
Can I get a 84-029 and use just the nylon extension or do you sell the nylon extension only under a different part number?
I appreciate your help.
User submitted photo of screen corner.
Do you think I'd be better off with a new corner 95-020 and wheel 84-090 instead of using one of the parts of 84-029?
Picture of old assy is attached.
Profile picture of Dave
I would recommend updating the roller with our 84-152. This appears to be our best match.
Thanks for your help.
A handy person from Republic of Panama says:
I have PGT 2000/2500 sliding screen doors and the plastic arms that hold the wheels are distorted and won't support the weight of the screens. It has a diecast corner bracket that is OK. Are replacements or improvements available??
A customer submitted photo of a screen door corner.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I have placed you in an existing thread. As you can see above, we recommend our 84-152 as a replacement.
A landlord from Pensacola, FL says:
We are an apartment complex in Pensacola, FL. All of our patio doors are equipped with screen doors. We are having issues with the roller/corner breaking. I have attached what our original roller/corner looks like (bronze/steel) and the ones that we are receiving now (silver/plastic wheel). Can you please assist in telling us what corner and roller would be our best option for ensuring that the screen doors stay on track. We have a lot of turn overs so the screen doors are constantly being used.
A user submitted image of patio screen roller
Profile picture of Dave
Thanks for posting! I have placed you in an existing thread concerning this type of roller. As stated above, you might be able to use our 84-152.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)