SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Emco brass lock cylinder.

A handy person from Swedesboro, nj says:
Hello, Im looking for a new lock cylinder for my front Emco storm door which Im thinking is on your web site as 40-195 for the handle is on the left as you are exiting the home. The serial # on the door is 0010335648. I measured mounting screw to mounting screw for the lockset & it measured 7in which is off 1/2in from the schematic but is exactly the same looking lock cylinder. The Color is Brass. Do you have a lock cylinder for purchase for this door?
Thanks greatly, Joe
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If your measurements are not the same, then I don't think the 40-195 will work, even though it looks similar. If possible, please take a few pictures of your hardware so that we can take a look at what you have and find a better match. There are a lot of different storm door handle sets that appear similar, but have many tiny differences that prevent them from being used in various circumstances.
A professional from CA says:
I suspect something like 40-123 is what he's looking for.
A quick learner from swedesboro says:
Ok Dave, I have a good close pic of the hardware on my door. The door was installed probably 10 yrs ago. If u need additional pics please let me know. Thx, Joe B.
User submitted photo of their door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the picture! It does look like you have the 40-123 key cylinder. What I would like for you to do is to remove your own cylinder and match it with the 40-123 to be sure. All you should need to do is to remove that one screw that goes through the key cylinder and pull it out. Also, check out video below on installing the 40-049 lock set. It's a different handle set, but the concept of how the cylinder is attached is the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)