SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

EntryGuard Sash lock keeper template

A quick learner from Denver, CO says:
My order of 38-097, 38-098, and 38-079 arrived without any problem, and very promptly. The issue I have is the sash locks are a replacement for an no longer produced Truth part (#40226) and needed a different style keeper--and the parts in my order came without an installation template to locate the new keeper drill holes (the holes for the sash locks are identical).

Please send a keeper a template if available. An on-line search for similar Truth Entrygard units indicated templates were available.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble! I'm afraid we don't have any kind of template for the 38-079 keeper. In my experience, it should be able to install exactly where the old keeper went. The only difference between the 38-079 and the older style Truth keeper is the style and size of the catch, not the hole spacing. For reference, the old keeper is our 38-051.

That said, I suppose it's possible you had something completely different. If that were the case, you would have to line up the locks as carefully as you can to mark where to drill the holes.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)