SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Epoch 2300 Window Lock

A handy person from Virginia says:
I need to replace the window lock on my Epoch 2300, but am not sure what size to order. I looked at a few that appeared to be about the right size. I am not sure how to measure. When I measure the length of the lock, it is about 2.75"
I attached a picture of the lock. If you can help me figure out which ones I need, I will order several from you.

Thanks,
Ben
User submitted a photo of a window lock keeper.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes, measured from the center of each hole? Can you also tell me the hole offset? That would be the distance between a hole center to the back, keeper-facing side of the sash.
A quick learner from ARLINGTON, VA says:
Following up on my window locks for the Epoch 2300 that I need replacements for. I sent you the measurements for the drill holes. Confirming that you received, etc.

Thanks,

Ben
Profile picture of Paul
I'm afraid we have not received your measurements. You can post them to this thread directly to ensure that we get them. Make sure to measure from the center of each hole.
A quick learner from Arlington says:
I measured but forgot to send...
The space between the holes, from center to center is 2&1/8"
The space from the back of the hole to the back edge of the sash is .75"

Sorry for the mistake.
Thanks,
Ben
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks, Ben. How about our 90-246 set? This seems to match your measurements nicely. Just keep in mind the lock comes with stabilizing nubs, so you might want to use the new keeper that comes with it, as well.
A quick learner from Arlington says:
Getting both sides of the lock will be fine. Do you think that the other side of the lock will fit the window? The space there is not very wide. I noticed when measuring that the other side has.no room to spare with the catch. I will need six locks in all when we get the logistics settled.

Thanks,

Ben
Profile picture of Paul
The keeper that comes with this set is 1/4" wide. Would that suffice?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)