SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Extension part for 39-099

A home owner from Ann arbor, MI says:
I have Anderson awning windows throughout my home and this 39-099 appears to match my operators exactly.

I want to know if there is a part that will allow my window to open more than the 9 or so inches the current operator allows. I have tried disconnecting the linkage arm from the window and sure enough the windows hinges allow it to open many many more inches out (all the way to near 90deg I'm betting).

I just want whatever will let me open them up more -even if only a few more inches.

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. Unfortunately, there really isn't any part that will help your window open wider than the operator allows. The range of the operator is the limit of how far your window can open.
A quick learner from Ann Arbor says:
Is there a whole new operator I could buy to do the trick?
Must be something that can be done even if complex!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 39-099 is Andersen, and therefore it's a pretty unique operator in and of itself. I don't know if we would be able to substitute it with an operator that serves the same function, let alone something that can open further than most operators generally open. I am not sure if you will be able to find anything like what you're looking for.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)