SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Exterior Aluminum Sliding Screen Door Hanger and Roller

A home owner from Frederick, MD says:
Length: 31.75"
Height: 1.75"
Height on roller offset: .75"
Offset: .25"
Distance from cut end to center of roller: 2" (Two rollers on the hanger)
Roller diameter: 1"
Roller extends .25" beyond edge of hanger
Felt strip on opposite side of roller along entire length of hanger

User submitted a photo of screen door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that we do not carry the exact rail you show in your photo. We do have the 84-060, which is a "U" channel type. However you will need to purchase a concave wheel like the 84-017 to match up to the one you have and replace the wheel that comes with the 84-060. Also take a look at our 84-024T. You might be able to purchase a piece of flat metal from a hardware store in your area and fabricate it to your screen door. You may even be able to utilize your same rollers. What do you think of these solutions?
A home owner from Frederick, MD says:
Thank you Dave. I was already looking at the possibility of fabricating something with the 84-024T. That may be my first option. Any chance you know the manufacturer of the part I photographed? Thanks again. I love SWISCO.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sorry, I cannot make out who the manufacture is for this part. Many companies have metal extrusion dies made to their specification. They use the metal on their products exclusively, and when the company changes the Patio door or goes out of business the metal extrusion is no longer available. It's one of those frustrating trends in this industry, but we try to keep up!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)