SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Exterior door weatherstripping

A quick learner from Stillwater, MN says:
Hello. I have an exterior door, installed I think in 1993 before I owned the house. There are no markings of any kind on the door. The hinges were made by Lawrence. Anyway, the weatherstripping is failing on the hinge and lock side, so I wanted to replace it. Unfortunately, I have never seen this type of weatherstripping before. I have attached a schematic and two pictures. It fits into a kerf and has two curved free edges as you can see... I'm wide open to ideas. I did see 58-173 and 58-181, but would like your opinion about which to consider - or another if more appropriate. I would like to avoid wasting money - since I already tried 58-056 and I was unable to close the door because the gap is small.....
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm actually not sure what to recommend, but I believe the one you show in your photo could no longer be available. Take a look at our 58-056 see if this would be a possible substitute.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)