Exterior lock for patio door

A quick learner from USA says:
I am looking for exterior lock for my patio door.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Do you just need a key cylinder? If so, check out our 82-310. I think this could work for you.
A home owner from Woodbridge, VA says:
Hi, my reference number is D67256. Based on your suggestion I ordered an exterior lock (82-310) for my door, but the lock is not working. The key doesn't move inside the lock to open or close it. You already have the pictures of my handle, I was wondering if you can send me the whole handle with exterior lock installed on it,or maybe some other suggestions.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Check to see if you cut the key cylinder tail too short. Also make sure the exterior handle with the key cylinder is lining up with the mortise latch and inside lever. If you haven't taken a look at the video on installing key lock in patio take a look that might help answer your questions.
A professional from California says:
You will have to mount the outside handle off center. The tail piece of the lock must line up with the inside lever. I could be wrong, but I think your current handle probably has the correct holes to line up this way. If it has holes close to 2-1/2" apart, it should work.
Your picture shows the outside handle backwards.
It should have the open space for fingers facing the lock jamb.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.